Friday, June 5, 2009
Day 24
It's been 3 weeks and 3 days since my operation and today I am no longer in a hard cast. It was removed today and I was fitted with a clamshell. This is technically still a hard cast, to protect my leg when I'm up and about, but when I'm laying down I can remove it. Instead of bandages and ace wraps, I now have 2 socks. The first just being a simple sock for my leg and the second being a compression sock. I can now touch my leg, bend my kneeg, move the muscles below my knee (tho this feels really funky) and start to desensitize things. This is a huge relief and I'm so glad that I've moved onto this phase of my recovery. A week or so of getting the swelling down as much as possible and toughening my leg/stump and I will be returning for my first molding for a prosthetic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, I am so glad that you are finally at this point...you have no idea how brave we think you are. Sure wish we could be there to do something once in a while. we will keep praying for your healing and keep bugging you with calls, etc. till we can see you again.
ReplyDeleteLove ya...Mom and Dad