Today I went to have try out the check socket. This one is clear plastic so they can make adjustments and see where it is rubbing against my leg too much or not enough. The final one should be black carbon fibre. I took my first steps today with this and though it was quite painful I was able to take a few steps putting a majority of my weight on my leg and was using my crutches for balance. I'm very excited to get my finished leg on Tuesday. It's going to be a long process of learning to walk and toughening up my leg on a daily basis, but just the fact that I won't have to use these damn crutches anymore is awesome.
The first picture shows my leg with the silicon sock with pin. This pin goes inside the socket and clicks in to hold the leg on. There is a release button on the side so I can take the leg off.
No comments:
Post a Comment