Tuesday, June 23, 2009

6 Weeks

It's been 6 weeks since the surgery. Crazy how fast it's gone by and I feel like I'm doing great. Today I had a cast taken of my leg for my first socket. This is the upper part of the prosthetic that attaches to my leg via the pin. I go back in on Friday to have a check fit. Which they will check the fit and make sure feels good and is comfortable. I will then return on Tuesday, to pick up my leg. I'm very excited about this and I can't wait. Just to be able to start walking again and putting my energy into that rather than just waiting around while I heal will be good for me. I'm still having issues with my pain medications. The side affects of the drugs have been the worst part of this entire ordeal. Feeling sick to my stomach all day long sucks, there is no positive way to spin it. Took a few pics of my leg as the casting was being done and one, just to show how it's healed. The car is my doctors.. maybe I should get into making prosthetics eh?




No comments:

Post a Comment