So I'm off Oxycontin now and only taking Percocet when needed. Even though I want to get off the drugs, my body has another opinion. These last 2 weeks have been terrible at best. I've been in too much pain to sleep and if I do it's only for 3-4 hours at a time. On top of this I'm constantly exhausted. It takes all my energy just taking care of my dog and feeding myself. Of course these are on my bad days. I feel like I'm making no progress in my walking with my prosthetic, which is frustrating. I knew this was going to happen and it sucks, but the more I'm off the drugs, the better I feel mentally. And I want to be completely off the drugs. Today I took a total of 25mg of Oxycodone, much better than when I was taking 120mg a day. The pain will fade and when it does I'll be able to start moving forward with my recovery. I also started taking Amitriptyline to help me sleep. It should also help with phantom pain, but I can't say I can tell yet. Maybe it will take some time before it starts working.
As far as the prosthetic and my leg goes. I feel like my leg has stabilized a bit as far as the reduction in size. The first week I had my prosthetic I lost almost 1.5cm in diameter on my leg from my knee down. The second week I'm going to guess I lost another 1cm and that's about where I am now. I don't feel like I'm getting a very good fit in my prosthetic, which is probably causing some of the pain I'm feeling. I keep changing and messing with the socks to help with the fit, but I'm not having alot of luck. Again, this is par for the course and to be expected. Until my leg really stabilizes and I get my second socket, I'm going to have ups and downs like this.
Anyways, I apologize as my thoughts are scattered and it is reflected in this post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment